Saturday, March 3, 2018

MAME MC-10 support update

I just spent several hours setting up a build environment for the MAME/MESS emulator.
It took a couple times to get it working properly.  Not sure what went wrong with the first install. 
Building it took 3 hours on my Intel i7 quad core laptop.  One thing MAME isn't, is small and I need a faster hard drive.

Adding HD6303 support for the MC-10 took about 2 hours.  Half of that was finding examples to make the changes, and the rest of the time was needed to figure out what was barfing in the build.  I cut and pasted from the 6309 CoCo3h definition and didn't update the tag on the line that replaces the cpu.  Du-Oh!

A real MC-10 with a 6303 will require a different ROM to fix timing differences, to add the extra 6303 interrupt vector, etc... but that shouldn't be a big deal.  Some testing will before I can submit the changes to the MAME project.  I won't be able to start that until tomorrow night.

MAME may not properly support 6803/6303 internal direct page RAM... but I haven't looked through all of the code yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment