Monday, November 26, 2018

MC-10 ROM fixes before a release

The bug in the code that converts ASCII to floating point by changing divide by 10 to multiplying by 1/10 is now fixed.  This offered a significant speedup, so I'm happy that code will make it into the release.  That leaves one bug to fix before an official release.  That bug is likely to be in the math library, and I'm pretty sure I know what it is.  Once I get time it shouldn't take too long to fix.  The first release will definitely be a 16K ROM, but an 8K ROM with most of the code may follow if it will fit.  I am not going to fight with it to get that working though.

You can see the bug in my youtube video with the sort comparison.  The gap values are different between the original and new ROM.  That is no longer the case.  FWIW, the the constant for 1/10 was wrong and it was the first thing I checked, so... easy fix.


No comments:

Post a Comment