Friday, May 26, 2017

The results of the Retro Challenge are up.  I did not win anything but it was fun.
First of all, thanks to John Linvillle for running the retro challenge this year.
The pay isn't exactly great, and I'm sure everyone involved was already busy.

As for the results... someone who built a Win98 gaming machine finished ahead of me.
Well, that's depressing.


John's comments on my entry:

"James cleverly picked a project platform close to my heart -- the MC-10, a cousin of my retro favorite, the Tandy Color Computer. James sets-out to improve the comptibility between the CoCo and MC-10 BASIC implementations. There is a fair amount of "2 steps forward, 1 step back", as many changes caused somewhat unpredictable breakage in other areas. Having done similar projects before, I suspect that the MC-10 ROM disassembly is a bit imprefect. Nevertheless, he completed the project. Jim Gerrie and other MC-10 BASIC aficionados of the world may now rejoice!"

No clever about it... just trying to back up a claim I made on a forum.
John's "2 steps forward..." comment pretty much sums up the project though.
The disassembly isn't perfect, but it was more than sufficient.  It is far more detailed than other projects I've worked with.

No comments:

Post a Comment